Hi! I have a 15 month old son that probably has NF. We were told last July that he had one UBO just like Margaret mentioned in the last post. Then in November, we received a phone call about Timmy's MRI films. Now they think his "spot" may be a neurofibroma or a tumor. We are scheduled for another MRI in April. Our main concern right now is the location of the spot. We think that it is in an area that would be inoperable. I would find out exactly where the spots are and what brain function it is near. I would also ask if it is in an operable area or not. Most often, if tumors aren't causing any trouble, they will just be monitored. I like to be informed in advance of the worst case scenario so I can read up and be knowledgeable. The doctors get a lot more serious with you, when you start throwing around medical terms and they realize that you are well read. Good luck to you and your family. I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers. It seems like we are both in the wait and see stage right now. Take care.
[This message has been edited by seesnow (edited February 05, 2000).]