May Is NF Awareness Month!
May is NF Awareness Month and the Children's Tumor Foundation invites you to help increase the public's knowledge of neurofibromatosis. Below is a list of a ways in which to participate in NF Awareness Month, a link to a flyer with facts about the disorder, and other information.
What You Can Do To Support NF Awareness Month:
Participate in the Children's Tumor Foundation's "Picture a World Without NF" Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month Photo Contest. During the Month of May:
* Take a photo with any CTF or NF logo or swag. Bring it to a famous landmark in your neighborhood. Make a funny face. Pose with your friends, family, and neighbors. Express yourself and show the world that no matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing, you're fighting for a world without NF.
* Submit as many photos as you like. We'll regularly post the best ones to the CTF Facebook page. The best photo among all those submitted will win a prize at the end of the month.
* Please send your photo to Sarah Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, where you live, a sentence on where the photo was taken, and a few words regarding what your picture says about your fight to end NF.
What you can do online:
• Change your social media profile pictures to a Children's Tumor Foundation NF Awareness Month graphic, and encourage your friends and family to do so as well. The graphics can be downloaded from CTF's Facebook page.
• Share links to information about NF or NF Hero stories on Facebook, Twitter (using #EndNF), Google+, etc.
• Join the NF Registry (www.nfregistry.org) and encourage others in the NF community to do so as well via email and social media.
What you can do in your community:
• Participate in or volunteer at an NF Walk, NF Endurance, or other community event organized by the Children's Tumor Foundation or members of the NF community. Please go to www.ctf.org/calendar to find opportunities in your area.
• Create a fundraiser to benefit NF research. For suggestions, please visit www.ctf.org/fundraisingideas.
• Put the "About NF" flyer up in your community (in your workplace, at the public library, in coffee shops, on civic center bulletin boards, in grocery stores, etc.) , and pass them out to friends and coworkers. The flyer is available for download at www.ctf.org/nfawareness.
What you can do on a daily basis:
• Wear the Children's Tumor Foundation's NF awareness wristband all month. Wristbands can be obtained by emailing Rosa Amelia Perez at email@example.com. The price for wristbands is:
1 = free
10 = $12.00
20 = $23.00
Wristbands are available in youth and adult sizes, so please make sure to indicate size when ordering.
• Wear the Children's Tumor Foundation's signature blue t-shirt when you are running errands, working out, participating in neighborhood events (block parties, picnics, etc.), traveling, jogging, bike riding, etc. If you do not yet have a blue CTF t-shirt, they can be obtained by emailing Rosa Amelia Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org and sending $12.00 to the Children's Tumor Foundation. Please mail checks, with "CTF T-Shirt NF Awareness Month" in the memo line, to :
Children's Tumor Foundation
95 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005
If you would prefer to pay by credit card, please call Rosa Amelia Perez with that informantion at 646-738-8547.
When ordering, please indicate your shipping address and the size you would like. The t-shirts are available in youth sizes (S, M, L) and adult sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL).
• Wear blue and green, NF Awareness Month colors, on May 17th which is World NF Day.
** To download a PDF version of these NF Awareness Month ideas, please click here.