The Application to the 2015 DDI Awards is now available.
Please review the eligibility guidelines HERE.
Applications are due Monday, April 20th at 5pm
To start a NEW DDI application please login HERE.
Once you begin your application, you may save it and return to it at any time. To login to your IN-PROGRESS application, use the link that will arrive in your EMAIL after you "Save" and NOT the link above.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below for further information.
We look forward to receiving your application!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to sign the patent policy in order to apply?
Yes. You must sign the patent policy at the time of application.
What if my tech transfer office wants to negotiate the patent policy before I sign it?
If you think your tech transfer office will want to negotiate the patent policy, you must send the patent policy to them immediately and have them contact CTF to negotiate the terms immediately, certainly no later than April 14.
Can I still apply for a DDI even if I don't share tools in the CTF Discovery toolbox?
Yes. However, we strongly encourage you to share tools, techniques, protocols and collaborate in order to advance the field.
Do I have to sign the MTA in order to apply?
We encourage applicants to share their tools in the DDI toolbox. To do so, you must agree to the terms of the MTA by signing Form F. This is a sample MTA, and will be fully completed by you and the recipient at the time of transfer of tools.
What is ADDF-ACCESS and how does it relate to the DDI application?
Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) and the Children's Tumor Foundation (CTF) are in a partnership to provide CTF's scientific network access to a virtual network of drug discovery experts and contract research organizations (CROs) through the ADDF ACCESS program. The program offers scientist tools to determine if they need a CRO, how to choose a CRO, how to manage a relationship with a CRO, education on the drug discovery process, and an online forum for discussions with experts. The portal allows users to customize their search for CROs based on drug discovery area and resources for guidance on CRO selection and research design.
We have entered this partnership to provide this resource to our NF scientists, especially those in the drug discovery field. The DDI exists to accelerate drug discovery for NF. By partnering with CRO, we can make the path to the clinic more efficient.
To learn more about how partnerships with CROs will streamline drug discovery efforts, please refer to this recent publication in Nature Reviews Drug Discovery:
How do I determine if I need a CRO?
Deciding when to outsource depends on a variety of factors, including in-house capabilities and the need for expert guidance. Why should you outsource?
- Access to targeted compound libraries
- Early stage development expertise in the following areas:
- Assay development
- Medicinal chemistry
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmakodynamics
- ADME, safety and toxicology studies
- Cost and time efficiency – Evaluate overhead costs of resources, equipment, adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), and personnel certifications for highly specialized tasks versus the costs of outsourcing. Consider how much time your personnel devote to drug discovery tasks and how long it will take to develop SOPs
- Key platform technologies – Access to automated equipment that produce reliable, robust, and reproducible data (i.e. behavioral monitoring systems, microscopy, in vivo imaging, HPLC units, liquid handlers, plate readers)
- Regulatory compliance – Later-stage IND-enabling studies require good lab practice (GLP) and good manufacturing practice (GMP) conditions in compliant laboratories.
- For more information, please refer to the ADDF ACCESS Resource Center: When to Outsource
How do I choose a CRO?
Please refer to the ADDF ACCESS Resource Center: Evaluating and Selecting CROs: http://www.alzdiscovery.org/addf-access/resource-center/evaluating-and-selecting-cros
No, CTF will pay the CRO directly and it does not come out of your DDI award amount.