The Vilcek Foundation is currently seeking applicants for the 2019 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science. We are accepting applications from foreign-born scientists age 38 and under from now through June 11, 2018. Three winners will each receive a $50,000 unrestricted cash prize and will be honored at an awards ceremony in New York City in April 2019.
To be eligible for the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science, applicants must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
- Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2018 (born on or after January 1, 1980).
- Applicant must: be a naturalized citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States; be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years; or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
- Applicant must hold a full-time position at an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include the following: assistant or associate professor, or equivalent independent position. The applicant must be directly responsible for the design and execution of the work submitted for consideration. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working under the supervision of a mentor are not eligible.
- Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
- Applicant must not be a past winner of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise.
Details about the selection process, the online application, and frequently asked questions can be found on vilcek.org. For more information, please contact:
Shinnie Kim | Program Officer
The Vilcek Foundation